Cinema
In
Cinemas in
British cinema-goers see mainly English and American films, though many of the foreign films are often shown in
In our country cinema-going is not so popular now as it was earlier. People prefer to stay at home and to watch TV or video.
I like to watch films very much. I prefer thrillers, comedies and horror movies, but I do not like tragedies and melodramas very much, and I hate soap operas, although they are becoming very popular in our country. My favourite film is ... with ... starring. It is really wonderful from the beginning to the end. There are a lot of films which are worth seeing, but this one is the best one to my mind.
Cinema
There are a lot of different kinds of films: feature films, theatrical films, horror films, thriller films, popular science films, travelogues, mystery films, documentaries, animated cartoon films. Besides, the films may be colour or black and white, full-length or short, sound or silent, wide-screen.
We can see films either in the cinema or on the TV. As I am often short of time, I have practically no time for going to the cinema. For this reason I see films on television more frequently. But sometimes I manage to go to the cinema. I prefer feature films and amusing comedies. It’s a pity the life is so difficult nowadays and I want to relax a little, sometimes even to laugh. But at the same time I am fond of true-to-life films describing the life of the ordinary people, their feelings and problems. Such films move me deeply, they arouse the feelings of sympathy or hatred for the heroes. As a rule such films leave a deep and lasting impression upon me.
Leisure time - дозвілля
feature film – художній фільм
horror film – фільм жахів
thriller film – бойовик
popular science film – науково-популярний фільм
travelogue – фільм про подорожі
mystery – детектив
documentary – документальный фільм
animated cartoon – мультиплікаційний фільм
color – кольоровий
black-and-white – чорно-білий
full-length film – повнометражний фільм
short film – короткометражний фільм
sound film – звуковий фільм
silent film – німий фільм
wide-screen film – широкоформатний фільм
to be short of time – мати мало часу
more frequently – частіше
amusing – забавний, кумедний
nowadays – в наше час
true-to-life film – реалістичний, правдивий фільм
ordinary – звичайний, рядовий
to move deeply – глибоко зворушити
to arouse a feeling of sympathy or hatched – викликати почуття симпатії або ненависті
to leave a deep and lasting impression upon smb. – залишити глибоке незабутнє враження
Немає коментарів:
Дописати коментар